...which means I am now officially a weirdo. May God have mercy on my soul.
Anyway! My life. For a long time I was sitting at home, trawling through online job applications and reading. It sucked, but it took me a long time to realise that. It hit me a couple of days ago though, and after that I decided that things were going to change a whole lot in my life. Hooray!
So the last couple of days I woke up early (for me anyway) and set off to Birmingham's famous Bullring shopping centre with a massive pile of copies of my resumes, ready to throw them at anyone who seemed even vaguely interested in hiring me. I finished covering the entire area today, bar a few stores - women's lingerie shops, on the basis that I don't think they hire men (if a couple go into a lingerie store, I highly doubt that the guy would appreciate a sales assistant imagining his girlfriend wearing the various items), older ladies' fashion shops (I know nothing about it), places which sell a lot of meat (duh), and the Disney store (much to the disappointment of one of my friends who wanted discounts on all the princess stuff).
One store in particular seemed quite interesting on my first glance. It was so unassuming, so discreet - just a little dark doorway in a concrete wall. A nicely designed, dimmed light was shining inside, and loud music was throbbing deep in it's bowels, which led me to believe it might be some kind of bar or club, but above the doorway the word 'Hollister' was carved in small, plain letters. I went inside. It was a Hollister store. It was sick. The lights are dim enough to give it a great atmosphere but bright enough to see the clothes and people (once your eyes adjust), and the music is loud enough that you have to raise your voice yet soft enough to be heard - and it's the kind of songs you unconsciously find yourself singing along to softly. I WANNA WORK THERE SO BAD! The application's in, let's hope they accept me!
Other than that I've been going to the gym occasionally with my cousin Vikash. I really, really like the fact that they have a punching bag - so much so that my knuckles and elbows still have scabs from when I got a tad over-enthusiastic. A couple of guys working out saw me, and came over and started chatting. I ended up teaching them a few kicks in return for the promise that they'd never attack someone, and left them feeling satisfied with my new role as a young, brown Mr Miyagi. Unfortunately I saw them a couple of minutes later pummeling the bag like five year olds after too much red cordial and smarties. What can you do. And on the note of working out, you'll have to excuse me while I go do some exercise. Veevek made a very good point to me the other day on Skype - he asked how I would feel if I arrived back in Sydney and he was not only smarter and taller than me, but more muscly too. Though even if he does out-bicep-curl me, I suppose I'll always have one thing - I'm hairier.
Have a good one!
I've devoured a whole apple heaps of times, but I'm not a weirdo! Oh wait...
ReplyDeleteAnd I see that your brain is slowly starving from a lack of proper use. A grammatical error, and a spelling error? For a kid who voluntarily took FOUR units of English?! Get it together man.
DeleteMy bad, turns out that "muscly" is actually spelled correctly. Yet the grammatical error stands :P
Delete