Sunday, 19 February 2012

Any day now..

Hey everyone, as you might know I'm heading off to the UK for my gap year very soon, and I decided that it'd be a good way to tell you what's going on via a blog. I'm new to this all, so I hope you'll forgive me if I stuff up a bit :P

Well in terms of why I want to take this gap year, I figure I've just finished twelve years of school, and have about another twelve of studying medicine to look forward to, so I might as well take a year off in between to try and preserve my sanity. Another reason is that I have loads of awesome family and friends over there who I'd like to spend time with - you know who you are! I also want to enjoy this time when I have no solid commitments or responsibilities to do all those things you feel you want to, but never have time for. I'm going to work hard while I'm there (I have a goal to try to pay back my parents for the money I'll be needing, for my pride's sake if nothing else), and with any spare money I earn I can do all the fun stuff! So far I want to join a rock band, do the 'Three-Mountain Challenge' (climbing the tallest mountains in England, Scotland and Wales, all in twenty-four hours), and travel Europe for a couple of days at a time.
Jealous? Just think of what I'd be doing in between all these awesome things - sitting in my tiny room, freezing my ass off and eating baked beans from a can.

As it stands, I'm due to leave on Wednesday. But there's a problem. I don't have my visa. It's meant to arrive by courier today, but if it hasn't come by tomorrow I'm screwed. I've spotted a hi-vi clad postman cycling up and down my street looking confused... I hope he finds where he needs to go, and I hope it's me.

That's all for now, I'd better leave you and get back to packing all the warmest clothes I have. Peace!

2 comments: